Job Family: CUPE
Start Date: 2024-01-25
End Date: 2024-02-09
Primary Posting: No
Description Closing Date: Feb 9, 2024
Internal: February 2, 2024
Hourly Rate: $33.36
Job Description Hours: Up to a minimum of 12 hours per week
NOTE: Posting comes off at 12:00 AM on the closing date with the competition closing at 11:59 the day prior.
Reporting to the Manager, Recreation Operations, this position is responsible for the day-to-day operation, maintenance, and cleaning of ice arenas, and for providing excellent customer service to the various user groups.
- Performs daily and scheduled arena janitorial and maintenance tasks in and around the facilities as identified on the task lists.
- Monitors the refrigeration plant and accurately records readings in log books. Reports any inconsistencies or issues to the Supervisor – Arena Operations and/or the Chief Engineer. Makes adjustments to refrigeration plant controls as directed and drains the chiller as needed.
- Monitors the building air temperatures and humidity levels. Reports any inconsistencies or issues to the Supervisor – Arena Operations and/or the Chief Engineer. Makes adjustments to air temperature and humidity levels as directed.
- Operates and maintains ice resurfacing equipment; checks and logs ice depths, adjusts ice depths to maintain optimum thickness, monitors and logs service on the equipment, changes blades and changes propane bottles.
- Provides exceptional customer service to the public and user groups through effective communication and a willingness to assist in response to requests for dressing rooms, ice cleanings, and ice usage.
- Performs a variety of minor building maintenance and handyman work such as dry wall patching, painting, air & brine filter changes, boiler filter changes, lamp replacements, minor sink and toilet repairs, snow removal and landscape maintenance around the arenas.
- Enforces policies with respect to ice usage, and safety regulations for all users of the arenas.
- Provides access to multi-purpose rooms and assists with the set-up and take down of equipment during special events and on a daily basis as required.
- Maintains accurate log books for snow clearing, accident reporting, ice cleaning, and maintenance tasks.
- Provides guidance to Ice Patrol, Ice Monitors and Operations Support Workers as required.
- Effectively communicates and exchanges information with co-workers both verbally, and in writing, including through recording and sharing in the log books.
- Performs other related duties as required.